Monday, 26 May 2008

Summer Project Plans

Just a quick note on my summer project:
I will be in the Republic of Georgia in the summer and will be photographing my main project there. I am at the very beginning of planning, so not that sure about the form it will take yet. I am however very inspired by the style that Alec Soth used for his book 'Dog Days Bogota'. I might try to make it simlarly personal. Alec Soth adopted a little girl in Bogota and made a book for her; so that she would know the city of her birth when she grew up. Here is a link to an online version of the book: http://www.alecsoth.com/Bogota/pages/Bogota01.html

It would be great to hear your comments.

1 comment:

paul lowe said...

the Caucaus is a very interesting part of the world, and very visual,so has lots of potential, especially I think if you adopt a more documentary approach.
I have a lot of good contacts in the area, i'll give them to you by email

do your research to try and come up with a more coherent idea, but with the continuing tensions with russia it is definitely a topical area